Your vascular system consists of various complex nerves and blood vessels. While it is easy to get certain parameters such as heartbeat, high BP, cholesterol level, etc. checked without much effort, it is difficult to completely understand the exact condition of each and every network connected with the heart without a proper examination. The vascular system includes the arteries, veins, lymphatics, etc. which help carry blood and oxygen in and out of the heart and to the different parts of the body.
Situations in which vascular disease & imaging upper west side manhattan is commonly used:
- To evaluate the symptoms: If your doctor suspects a major issue in your vascular system, imaging can be suggested to understand and analyze the underlying cause. For instance, if you experience pain in your leg while walking or discomfort in your hand while sitting, imaging can be used to evaluate and assess peripheral arterial disease.
- To treat aneurysms: Your doctor will advise you to get an ultrasound, MRI, or CT Scan done to evaluate the characteristics and the location of aneurysms. It is an abnormal swelling of blood vessels. Early intervention helps understand the growth and prevent its further development.
- In case of a blood clot: With the help of ultrasound, Ct Scan, and venography, the doctor may diagnose and understand the causes of blood clots in your veins and arteries. It even guides the doctor regarding the treatment options and the response of the body.
- To assess the deposit of plagues: CTA, MRI, ultrasound, etc. can help detect the deposit of fatty substances in the arteries that may be caused due to atherosclerosis. These tests provide information regarding the location, size, and severity of the disease.
- Prior to operation: Before your surgery, imaging can help the surgeons understand the causes of the issue. It will guide the doctor with the exact location of the problem and the area that needs to be treated. Hence, in complex cases such as vessel stenosis, aneurysm, etc., imaging is quite helpful.
- To monitor recovery: Imaging is also used by surgeons to keep a check on the response of the body to a particular treatment. Repeated imaging helps evaluate and understand the efficiency of certain kinds of procedures done by doctors.
Hence, it is very essential to understand that imaging is one of the most important aspects involved while treating vascular diseases. However, you should not get worried when your doctor suggests such tests because early intervention can help begin the proper treatment on time.