Most warehouses as well as businesses need pallets to move and deliver their products and need to buy this item from time to time.
You may also consider buying pallets suitable to your Pallet Inverter supplied by Top Industries, Inc. so, let us try to compare different pallets in this post.30
For the transportation of large products, including at-sea storage, air freight, and outdoor long-term storage, metal pallets are often built of steel and aluminium. The pros and cons of these pallets are:
- Extremely durable.
- Ideal for food/chemical industries as they can easily be cleaned
- Don’t cause any splinters like wooden pallets
- Mostly free of any pests and bugs
- Stronger than any plastic and wooden pallets.
- Don’t decay, and they can be highly weather-resistant.
- May cost a little more in transportation
- Heavier as compared to other pallets.
Lightweight plywood pallets
Pallets made of plywood are intended to hold items that are light to medium in weight. They provide a robust and long-lasting packaging option for numerous industries. The pros and cons of this type of pallets are:
- Ideal for rack stocking and layer stacking
- Plywood features a smooth and clean surface area
- Have minimal moisture absorption
- Perfect for shipping and transportation because of their lightweight and strong design.
- Can be more difficult to store in any racking systems
- If left outside, it can suffer water damage
- Moving between warehouses is limited as many warehouses never store these pallet types.
Wooden pallets come in a variety of styles, and they are perfect for carrying heavier items that need a one-way flow in your warehouse. The wooden pallets have the following pros and cons:
- Durable and strong in design
- Ideal for rack storing
- Reliable load carriers
- Tend to be cheaper than metal-based pallet materials
- Feature high friction as compared to plastic and metal pallets
- Easy to construct within a short amount of time
- Can be recycled with mulch and paper
- Can be easily fixed with any recycled materials
- Easily resold
- Easy to repair, if the boards are broken it can be replaced.
- More susceptible to any protruding nails, shrinking, and warping, splinters, which may lead to continual reordering
- If they become wet, they are very difficult to clean. The wetness will also cause bacteria and fungi to grow
- More costly for air freight because of their heavy-weight design.
Press wood pallets
Press wood pallets are built using high pressure and high temperature to compress dry wood fibres into a solid component. The following are the pros and cons of this type of pallets:
- Easy to handle
- Low moisture content
- Can effectively be stacked just on top of each other
- Easily recyclable
- Provide great strength, though weight may be light.
- Rack storing is difficult
- If left outside they can always succumb to water damage
- Many warehouses store such pallets, so movement between different warehouses tends to be limited.
You can also view official YouTube videos of different pallet inverters using all these types pallets in the product ranges of Top Industries Inc.